Sourcing Delegation to Ethiopia & Rwanda July 2-6, 2018
9th April, 2018
The Members of the Council
Please refer to our earlier circular dated 28th February, 2018 regarding the proposed visit of Investment-cum-Sourcing Delegation from India to Ethiopia and Rwanda.
The SITA (Supporting Indian Trade & Investment for Africa) has now come up with the tentative schedule for visit of the Delegation during the period July 2-6, 2018, as under:-
Monday 2 July 2018 – Arrival of delegates to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Proposed direct flight from Delhi to Addis Ababa:
Ethiopian Airlines – ET687 at 2:30 AM – 6:55 AM
- Roundtable on business opportunities – interactions with State Minister of Industry, Director General of Leather Industry Development Institute, Ethiopian Leather Industry Association and all other relevant leather stakeholders
- B2B meeting with tanners and footwear and leather goods manufacturers
Tuesday 3 July 2018
- Tanneries visits in Modjo
- Manufacturing plants visits in Addis
- Dinner with Indian ambassador and Indian community based in Ethiopia
Wednesday 4 July 2018
- Tanneries visits in Addis
- Manufacturing plants visits in Addis
- Departure to Rwanda with Ethiopian Airlines – ET821 at 10.45pm
Thursday 5 July 2018
- Meeting with Minister of Trade and Industry
- Roundtable on business opportunities with all major leather stakeholders
- Visits of raw material collectors in Kigali
Friday 6 July 2018
- Visit of Masaka leather business incubation centre
- Visit of Bugesera leather designated park
- Departure to India with Ethiopian Airlines ET816 at 4.20pm
As informed by SITA, Visa for both Countries can be obtained upon arrival and SITA will be issuing support letters to the delegates once they receive confirmed names and passport copies of Indian delegates. Also, VIP facilitation will be provided to the Delegates at the airports in both the Countries. Indian Delegates have to carry the Certificate for Yellow Fever and Tuberculosis vaccines, as per Indian standards.
We are happy to inform that, SITA will be providing complimentary Hotel accommodation and also ground transportation to all the Delegates in both the Countries.
Keeping in view the above, interested members are requested to please send their Passport details, in the format attached, along with a cheque for Rs. 20,000/- (rupees twenty thousand only) drawn in favour of Council for Leather Exports, towards participation fee for joining the Programme, latest by Friday, the 20th April, 2018 to the nearest Regional/Extension Offices of the Council.
We are planning to enlist a maximum number of 15 member-companies in the programme.
Members who have already confirmed their participation, are requested to kindly send the filled in application form along with the participation fee at the earliest.
Participation will be confirmed on ‘first-come, first-served’ basis.
With best regards,
Council for Leather Exports
Encl : As above[wc_divider style=”dashed” line=”single” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=””]
No.07/MRU/Investment and Sourcing delegation/2018 February 28, 2018
All Members of the Council
Sub: Investment and Sourcing Delegation to Ethiopia and Rwanda, June 18-23, 2018
As Members are kindly aware, the Council had taken the following initiatives to Strengthen Trade Relations with Africa
- A One-Day Workshop on Indo-African Trade Relationship in the Leather Sector, February 14 2017, New Delhi, the first of its kind in India, was organized by the Council for Leather Exports (CLE). The Workshop concluded on a positive note emphasizing that there is plenty of potential for business between Indian and African Leather & Footwear sector players, as also tremendous scope for cooperation for mutual benefit.
- With a view to further promote and strengthen the bilateral trade and investment tie-ups between India and Africa, SITA -Supporting Indian Trade and Investment for Africa, a project that promotes trade and investment partnerships between India and five East African Countries – Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda – across agriculture, services and light manufacturing including leather had recently visited the leather clusters of India and its manufacturing capabilities and as a follow up, the Council with the support of SITA had organised a Investment cum Sourcing Delegation Visit to Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda during Dec 03-08, 2017.
With a vision to deepen cooperation between CLE and East African Countries, and based on interest expressed by Members during a series of meetings in New Delhi, Agra and Kanpur with CLE members held between 26-28 July 2017, SITA will now be facilitating an Investment Mission to Ethiopia and Rwanda for CLE members.
The programme includes Investment Promotion Meetings, Visit to Leather, Footwear, Leather Goods Manufacturing Units, Export Processing Zones in Ethiopia and Rwanda, B2B Meetings with Tanners & Raw Material Suppliers facilitating Members to explore Sourcing Raw Materials from these two countries .
The Council will organize & coordinate the entire programme in association with SITA combined with active participation of the Local Tanners Associations in these countries. Besides, the Council will arrange for Group airport pick-up / drop, local Transportation, Hiring of Venue for holding business meetings etc The participation fee for joining the sourcing delegation is Rs.20,000/- per company.
However, Members joining the Delegation will have to make their own travel arrangements such as air-ticket and hotel accommodation etc at their own cost.
The name of the Hotel, as recommended by SITA will be informed to the Member participants so that the entire Delegation can stay in the same Hotel for better coordination.
The itinerary is being finalised by SITA and will be confirmed to Members upon receipt. The tentative dates of the visit will be June 18-23 2018
As SITA requires the confirmed list of participants by end of March, Members interested to join the Investment and Sourcing Delegation to Ethiopia and Rwanda may confirm their interest to participate in the Council by sending their duly filled in Expression of Interest form at the earliest.