GST Circulars / Notifications – Aug. 2018
August 30, 2018
Members of the Council,
Sub: GST Circulars / Notifications
Please find below the details of GST Notifications issued recently.
1) CGST Notification No.32/2018-Central Tax dated 10.8.2018 which prescribes dates for filing of GSTR 1 (outward supplies) form. This Notification extends the time limit for furnishing the details of outward supplies in FORM GSTR-1 by such class of registered persons having aggregate turnover of more than 1.5 crore rupees in the preceding financial year or the current financial year, for each of the months from July, 2018 to March, 2019 till the eleventh day of the month succeeding such month.
2) CGST Notification No.33/2018-Central Tax dated 10.8.2018 which states the following.
“Hereby notifies the registered persons having aggregate turnover of up to 1.5 crore rupees in the preceding financial year or the current financial year, as the class of registered persons who shall follow the special procedure as mentioned below for furnishing the details of outward supply of goods or services or both.
The said persons may furnish the details of outward supply of goods or services or both in FORM GSTR-1 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, effected during the quarter as specified in column (2) of the Table below till the time period as specified in the corresponding entry in column (3) of the said Table, namely:-
|S.No.||Quarter for which details in FORM GSTR-1 are furnished||Time period for furnishing details in FORM GSTR-1|
|1||July – September, 2018||31st October, 2018|
|2||October – December, 2018||31st January, 2019|
|3||January – March, 2019||30th April, 2019|
3) The CGST Notification No.34/2018-Central Tax dated 10.8.2018 which states the following.
FORM GSTR-3B (GST Summary Return) for each of the months from July, 2018 to March, 2019 shall be furnished electronically through the common portal, on or before the twentieth day of the month succeeding such month. Payment of taxes for discharge of tax liability as per FORM GSTR-3B.– Every registered person furnishing the return in FORM GSTR-3B of the said rules shall, subject to the provisions of section 49 of the said Act, discharge his liability towards tax, interest, penalty, fees or any other amount payable under the said Act by debiting the electronic cash ledger or electronic credit ledger, as the case may be, not later than the last date, as specified in the first paragraph, on which he is required to furnish the said return.
4) GST Circular No.55/29/2018-GST dated 10th Aug. 2018 which prescribes taxability of services provided by Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
5) CGST Notifications No. 36, 37 and 38 , all dated Aug. 24, 2018 regarding extension of timelines for filing GSTR 1 and GSTR 3 B for registered persons in Kerala, Kodagu District of Karnataka and Mahe falling under Union Territory of Puducherry.
Members may kindly note the above.
Thanks and regards
COUNCIL FOR LEATHER EXPORTS