GST Notifications/ Circulars – Sept. 2018
September 11, 2018
Members of the Council,
Sub : GST Notifications/ Circulars
Please find enclosed the following circulars.
· CGST Notification No.41/2018-Central Tax dated 4.9.2018 waiving late fee for the following classes of tax payers.
ð The registered persons whose return in FORM GSTR-3B of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 for the month of October, 2017, was submitted but not filed on the common portal, after generation of the application reference number;
ð The registered persons who have filed the return in FORM GSTR-4 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 for the period October to December 2017 by the due date but late fee was erroneously levied on the common portal;
ð The Input Services Distributors who have paid the late fee for filing or submission of the return in FORM GSTR-6 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 for any tax period between the 1st day of January, 2018 and the 23rd day of January, 2018.
· CGST Notification No.42/2018-Central Tax dated 4.9.2018 which extends the time limit for making the declaration in FORM GST ITC-01 of the said rules, by registered persons who have filed the application in FORM GST-CMP-04 (Composition Dealers) of the said rules between the 2nd day of March, 2018 and the 31st day of March, 2018.
· GST Circular No.58/32/2018 dated 4.9.2018 regarding recovery of arrears of wrongly availed CENVAT credit under the existing law and inadmissible transitional credit.
· GST Circular No.59/33/2018-GST dated 4.9.2018 regarding clarification on refund related issues.
· GST Circular No.61/35/2018-GST dated 4.9.2018 regarding E-way bill in case of storing of goods in go-down of transporter
Members may kindly note the above.
Thanks and regards