Inviting Member-participation in the MOS SHOES FAIR, Moscow, Russia, June 5-8, 2017
No: CLE/Exh/SF/MOS/2017-18/ February 22, 2017
Sub: Inviting Member-participation in the MOS SHOES FAIR, Moscow, Russia, June 5-8, 2017
Russia is the 12th largest importer of leather & leather products in the world. Russia’s import of leather & leather products during 2014-15 was USD 4122.03 million and Russia accounts for a share of 2.20% in global leather import trade of US$ 187.68 billion (2014-15). Russia and the neighboring CIS countries are major users of Footwear and leather accessories.
India-Russia Leather Trade: India’s exports of leather & leather products to Russia has increased from US$ 19.18 mn in 2010-11 to US$ 49.96 mn in 2014-15, growing at a CAGR of 27.37%. Out of Russia’s total leather import trade, India presently accounts for a share of only 1.21%.
Russia’s import of Footwear (Leather & Non-Leather) during the year 2010-11 was USD 3722.57 million and imports have declined to USD 3451.75 million in the year 2014-15 with the downtrend being mainly due to subdued economic conditions following imposition of sanctions. However, India’s export of footwear to Russia has increased from US$ 2.84 million in 2010-11 to US$ 6.60 million in 2014-15, At the same time, Russia’s import of Leather Goods & Accessories has increased from US$ 203.01 million in 2010-11 to US$ 281.41 million in 2014-15 growing at a CAGR of 8.47%. India’s export of Leather Goods & Accessories to Russia has also increased from US$ 0.97 million in 2010-11 to US$ 1.78 million in 2015-16, growing at a CAGR of 12.91%. Thus, considering the import potential of Russia, and growth rate of India’s leather sector exports to Russia, the potential for further enhancing export of Footwear and Leather Goods from India to Russia is very good.
About the Fair: MOSSHOES is the leading footwear exhibition in Russia. Launched in 1997, the fair is now into its 20th year. The fair receives visitors from Russia, neighboring countries and far abroad. It has become one of the biggest footwear exhibitions in Eastern Europe, and is held four times a year. The Fair has evolved continuously with display extending to Accessories and Raw Material, Components & Machinery.
Post Show Report of the June 2015 Edition:
- Over 300 manufacturers and distributors from Russia, CIS and far abroad presented a wide range of women’s, men’s and children’s footwear along with the leather products.. The exhibition was visited by more than 9000 people, 94% of which were national businessmen from all areas of the Russian Federation. 58% of the visitors were company owners and directors. Representatives of footwear retail networks from 50 cities of Russia worked at MOSSHOES fair in the framework of the “Buyer’s program”. The foreign brands were presented by the companies from 20 countries: Austria, Albania, Armenia, Belorussia, Brazil, Great Britain, Vietnam, Germania, Denmark, India, Spain, Italy, China, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey, Uzbekistan e Finland.
- Mosshoes Kids exposition confirmed once again its status of the major Russian children’s footwear presentation. Over 50 companies took part in it,
- Along with the footwear collections, the exhibition presented leather products, bags and accessories – in the framework of MOSPEL fair. Similar products were present also at the booths of many MOSSHOES exhibitors. Everybody agreed that the demonstration of leather product collections along with footwear ones makes the product range wider and provides for a balanced offer from commercial companies..
- Leather and Components Division is a new vector of development for MOSSHOES..
- Foreign brands were presented by the companies from 20 countries: Austria, Albania, Armenia, Belorussia, Brazil, Great Britain, Vietnam, Germania, Denmark, India, Spain, Italy, China, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey, Uzbekistan e Finland.
- Men’s Footwear
- Women’s Footwear
- Prophylactic and orthopedic Shoes
- Children’s Footwear (specialized exposition)–
- Leather and Components (specialized exposition) for Leather, Synthetic Leather, Footwear Components , Chemicals & Machinery}
June 2017 Edition of MOS Shoes the International specialized exhibition for Footwear will be held from June 5-8, 2017 in the International Exhibition Centre, Crocus Expo Pavilion 3, Hall 17 in Moscow. The fair will have a total area of about 17,500 sq mtrs in which about 450 companies from various countries are expected to participate. The approximate number of visitors who attended the last June 2017 edition of the fair was 13000, from 40 countries
Council’s Participation in MOS Shoes- Considering the huge market potential Russia for footwear, the Council has proposed to participate in the June 2017 edition of the fair on Self Financing basis, with no funding support for participation from either the MDA or MAIS Scheme of the Government of India.
Cost of Participation – The Participation Charges in the September 2016 edition of the MOSShoes is Rs. 2,67,000/- for a stand of 9 sq m stand and Rs. 3,56,000/- for a 12 sq m stand. The stand includes carpeting, wall panel, sign board /Fascia with company Name, 1 table, chairs, one-meter Shelves ( 18 for 9 sq m & 21 for 12 sq m booth), waste basket, spot light and power socket with the Number of Shelves, Lights, and Chairs varying with Booth Size. For any other accessories the exhibitors have to order additionally on their own. Members who are interested to participate in the MOS Shoes Fair, June 5-8 , 2017 are requested to send the attached filled –in Application form along with the Participation Fee in full on or before March 24, 2017.
Members may also note that participants will have to arrange the Visa on their own. However, CLE will facilitate for tie-up with organization for obtaining Visas by participants. Kindly note that non-issuance of Visa will not be considered as valid ground for withdrawal subsequent to confirmation of participation. Hence, withdrawal from participation after confirmation will not be allowed.
With Best Regards
R.Ramesh Kumar, IAS