Renewal of Membership for the year 2016-17
March 31, 2016
Sub: – Renewal of Membership for the year 2016-17
As you are kindly aware your current year Membership with the Council is valid up to 31st March 2016 and accordingly renewal of membership for 2016-17 falls due on 1st April 2016 as per Article 6(b) (i) of the Articles of Association of the Council.
Accordingly, the Council requests Members to make payment of annual membership renewal subscription for the year 2016-17. The category-wise membership renewal fee is as under:
|Member category based on previous year (2015-16) export FOB value||Membership Renewal fee||Service Tax 14% +Total : 14.50% ** +Swachh Bharat 0.50%||Total Renewal Subscription|
|ASSOCIATE MEMBERS :|
|Below Rs.15 lakh||Rs.5000||Rs.725||Rs.5725|
|ORDINARY MEMBERS :|
|Above Rs.15 lakhs & upto 1 crore||Rs.7000||Rs.1015||Rs.8015|
|Above Rs. 1 crore & upto 5 crore||Rs.15000||Rs.2175||Rs.17175|
|Above Rs. 5 crore & upto 10 crore||Rs.20000||Rs.2900||Rs.22900|
|Above Rs. 10 crore||Rs.30000||Rs.4350||Rs.34350|
For renewal of your membership, you are requested to please furnish Export Performance Data of your products during the year 2015-16, as prescribed in the Membership Renewal Application Form, duly attested by your Banker or Chartered Accountant. In case of no export, you may mention in the membership renewal application form as “NIL” export.
Please note that the validity of Registration-cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC) is subject to renewal of membership every financial year. Hence, please ensure that your membership is renewed at the earliest so that you may continue availing the following benefits / concessions/ schemes of Govt. of India. These can be availed by the Registered Members of the Council.
· 3% duty credit scrip under MEIS for notified leather products and footwear for Group A & B countries.
· 2% Duty Credit Scrip for Finished Leather under MEI Scheme for Group A & B countries
· Duty free import entitlement of 3% of FOB value of exports realized during the preceding financial year for manufacturer-exporters of Leather Garments, Leather Goods, Leather Footwear, Synthetic Footwear, Footwear Components, Leather Gloves, Saddlery & Harness. And also for merchant-exporters of leather garments tied-up with supporting manufacturer.
· Export Promotion Capital Goods Scheme (EPCG) for certain sectors including leather and leather products.
· Assistance under Marketing Development Assistance (MDA) and Market Access Initiative Scheme (MAIS) for participation in fairs/buyer seller meets/India leather shows organized by CLE.
· Assistance under Integrated Development of Leather Sector (IDLS) Scheme for modernization and technological up gradation of production units.
· Assistance under MDA towards participation in International Fairs organized by CLE
Further, Members are requested to please note the following points in connection with your Renewal of Membership 2016-17:
· Members who do not furnish the completely filled-in Membership Renewal Application Form including the Export Performance Data for the year 2015-16 along with applicable Membership Fee and renew the Membership with the Council; may not be able to avail the 3% Duty Free Import Scheme (DFIS), notified for leather garments, leather products and Footwear exporters from April 1, 2016, as the DFIS is eligible only for Registered Members of the Council.
· The export performance data furnished by your company in the Membership Renewal Application Form will be considered by the Council for the purpose of determining Export Awards that will be presented to Member-Exporters for different product categories in respect of the year 2015-16. Members who do not furnish the required information as per the prescribed format or furnish incomplete information will not be considered for the purpose of Export Awards.
Therefore, Members are requested to send the Membership Renewal Form along with applicable Membership Renewal Fee by Cheque / Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Council for Leather Exports”. Also send original Registration-cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC) / Membership Certificate for necessary renewal at the earliest.
Members can also down load the Application form for renewal of Membership from the Council’s website www.leatherindia.org
R. Ramesh Kumar, IAS
Application-new of Membership for the year 2015-16