DGFT Public Notice and Customs Circulars – March 2017
March 20, 2017
Members of the Council,
Sub : DGFT Public Notice and Customs Circulars
Kindly find enclosed the following circulars/notification/public notices.
a. DGFT Public Notice No.58/2015-2020 dated 10th Feb 2017
– This public notice contains information about the DGFT office in which applications under Merchandise Exports from India Scheme (MEIS) are to be submitted. This public notice states that “applicant shall have option to choose Jurisdictional RA on the basis of Corporate Office/Registered Office/Head Office/Branch Office address endorsed on IEC for submitting application/s under MEIS and SEIS. This option need to be exercised at the beginning of financial year. Once an option is exercised, no change would be allowed for claims relating to that year.”
– The details of Jurisdiction of local DGFT office (Regional Authority – RA) are given below.
Jurisdiction for MEIS
|(i)||Importer Exporter Code(IEC) holders having units in DTAs/EHTPs/BTPs/STPs or more than one of these||Jurisdictional RA of DGFT as in Appendix 1A|
|(ii)||IEC holders having units in SEZs/EOUs or both||Respective Development Commissioner of Special Economic Zones (SEZs) as in Appendix 1A|
|(iii)||IEC holder having units both in (i) & (ii) above||Units located in category (i) & (ii) will apply to respective Jurisdictions at Col-3|
b. Customs circular No.6/2017 dated 28/2/2017.
The above Customs Circular states the following.
– Bank Realization Certificate (BRC) is one of the documents that is required to be submitted to Customs by the exporters as proof of realization of sale proceeds for exports. For exports with Let Export Order (LEO) date from 01.04.2014 onwards, an electronic system of reconciliation of sale proceeds (RBI-BRC module) is made functional by DG (Systems) in coordination with Reserve Bank of India (RBI), which has been dealt in Instruction No. 609/59/2012-DBK dated 27.11.2015.
– A difficulty has been highlighted by field formations and trade that for exports with LEO date 12.08.2012 onwards till 31.03.2014, DGFT’s e-BRC (which is also verifiable from DGFT website) is not being accepted and negative statement from statutory auditor or AD bank is insisted which adds to transaction cost. Non-acceptance of e-BRC of DGFT by field formations is due to fact that it contains “realized value” details but does not contain details of commission, freight, insurance etc. which are often relevant for drawback purpose
– For exports with LEO dates 12.08.2012 onwards till 31.03.2014, DGFT’s e-BRC would be accepted, except in case of specific intelligence or information of misuse. This shall be subject to appropriate declaration by the exporter on back of DGFT e-BRC. Format of the said declaration is annexed herewith.
c. Customs Circular No.5/2017 dated 28/2/2017
The Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) program offers several facilities to the exporters as follows.
i. Inclusion of Direct Port Delivery of imports to ensure just-in-time inventory management by manufacturers – clearance from wharf to warehouse
ii. Inclusion of Direct Port Entry for factory stuffed containers meant for export by AEOs
iii. Special focus on small and medium scale entities – any entity handling 25 import or export documents annually can become part of this programme
iv. Provision of Deferred Payment of duties – delinking duty payment and Customs clearance
v. Mutual Recognition Agreements with other Customs Administrations
vi. Faster disbursal of drawback amount
vii. Fast tracking of refunds and adjudications
viii. Extension of facilitation to exports in addition to imports
ix. Self-certified copies of FTA / PTA origin related or any other certificates required for clearance would be accepted
x. Request based on-site inspection /examination
xi. Paperless declarations with no supporting documents
xii. Recognition by Partner Government Agencies and other Stakeholders as part of this programme
– AEO certification is given for import and export subject to fulfillment of condition as prescribed in Cus Circular No.33 dated 22/7/2016
– The above customs circular No.5/2017 dated 28/2/2017 exempts drawal of samples for purpose of grant of Drawback for those exporters who have registered under AEPO ( Tier II and III) and states the following.
“Exporters who have been accorded Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) certificate (Tier II & Tier III) in terms of Circular No. 33/2016- Customs dated 22.07.2016 are being exempt from the requirements of drawal of samples for the purpose of grant of drawback, except in case of any specific information or intelligence.”
Copies of the above Public Notice/ Customs Circular are enclosed herewith.
Members may kindly note the above.
Thanks & regards,
COUNCIL FOR LEATHER EXPORTS