No. CLE-HO/POL/DOC/18-19 April 3, 2019
Members of the Council
Sub : E- Sanchit facility for exports and imports
With regard to the above, please note the following.
- Customs has introduced Single Window Interface for facilitating Trade (SWIFT) as part of ease of doing business initiative to integrate Customs and other Participating Government Agencies (PGAs) for seamless processing of import and export
- SWIFT allows importers and exporters, the facility to lodge their clearance documents online at a single point only. Required permissions, if any, from other regulatory agencies would be obtained online without the trader having to approach these agencies. Members may find more information on SWIFT in the below weblink
- One of the component of SWIFT is e-SANCHIT. Under eSANCHIT, the system allows a trader to submit all supporting documents for clearance of consignments electronically with digital signatures. This obviates the need for the trader to approach different regulatory agencies with hardcopies of the documents, thereby making the entire process of consignment clearance faceless and paperless. Exporter/ Importer has to register in ICEGATE website to avail E- Sanchit facility.
- It has been made mandatory that all the importers are required to upload the documents relating to regulatory compliances electronically from 01 st April, 2018 onwards.
- Customs Circulars No.35/2018 dated 1.10.2018 and No. 44/2018 dated 13.11.2018 on E-Sanchit are enclosed herewith for your reference.
- Members may find more information on e-sanchit in the following link (ICEGATE website)
- The FAQs on E- Sanchit and step by step procedure for electronic document upload hosted in the aforementioned ICEGATE website are also enclosed herewith for ready reference of members.
With kind regards