India Leather Days, Germany, Nov. 18 & 19, 2015
June 5, 2015
All Members of the Council
Sub: India Leather Days, Germany, Nov. 18 & 19, 2015
As you are all aware, Germany is the largest market for the Indian leather industry.
1. The Council for Leather Exports organized the first ever India Leather Days event in Offenbach, Germany during November 2012 with assistance under Market Access Initiative Scheme (MAIS) of the Department of Commerce. Thereafter, CLE has organized two more successful events in Nov. 2013 and Nov. 2014 respectively.
2. The first three shows have helped in promoting the country brand image of India in Germany which is reflected in our exports also. Export of leather, leather products and footwear from India to Germany increased from USD 631.23 million in 2012-13 to USD 800.20 million in 2014-15, showing a growth of about 27% and having a share of 12.32% in exports from Indian leather sector.
3. 49 exhibitors from various regions in India had participated at the 2014 edition of India Leather Days displaying their latest sample collections of leather wallets, purses, bags, belts, small leather goods, leather garments and leathers.
4. The Council had engaged Messe Offenbach GmbH (a reputed trade fair organizer in Germany) as the marketing agency for the event, who undertook both the marketing and the logistic arrangements like stand construction, stand security etc.,.
5. In order to ensure maximum buyers turnout the following extensive marketing activities were undertaken prior to the event.
· 10 advertisements in Textilwirtschaft online.
· 5 advertisements in the Lederwaren Report News Letter (online).
· 5 advertisements in Lederwaren Report Online.
· Distribution of 4000 leaflets to buyers during ILM Summer Styles Fair, Offenbach held in during 6th to 8th, September, 2014.
· Circulation of leaflets with registration slips to about 6500 buyers etc.
· Follow-up e-mail campaign with buyers
6. The show was inaugurated on November 5, 2014 by Shri Raveesh Kumar, IFS, Consul General of India in Frankfurt in presence of Mr. Taj Alam, Regional Chairman, Central Region, Council for Leather Exports and Mr. Arnd Hinrich Kappe, Managing Director, Messe Offenbach GmbH. All the 49 exhibitors were present on this occasion.
7. The 2014 edition of the India Leather Days witnessed a remarkable buyer turnout. The exclusive show attracted importers, wholesalers and other purchasing groups including famous brands from different parts of Germany and other surrounding nations as well. About 238 buyers representing 157 companies had attended the event with great enthusiasm. It was reported that apart from Germany, there were visitors from UK, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, etc., clearly underlining the increasing awareness about our Show outside Germany.
8. According to feedback of Indian exporters, 533 business meetings were held during the show resulting in generation of business worth Euro 7.8 million which includes both on-the-spot orders and future expected orders.
9. Out of the 49 participants, 47 participants have expressed their willingness to participate in the next edition of the event planned in Nov. 2015 under MAIS.
10. The Indian participants praised the quality of stand construction, the marketing initiatives undertaken by the Council, through Messe Offenbach, which has resulted in high turnout of potential buyers. The participants were very happy and appreciated efforts made by the Council for enhancing our share in the European market in general and in Germany in particular.
India Leather Days 2015 edition
After 3 successful editions of India Leather Days, CLE will be organizing the 4th edition of India Leather Days during Nov. 18 & 19, 2015. The Show will be held at Messe Offenbach Fair Grounds, Offenbach, Germany.
This show is for display of Leather Goods (bags, wallets, purses etc.,) and Leather Garments only.
The fee for participation in the event is Rs.75,000/- per participant. Each participant will be provided will a fully constructed booth (with shelves for exhibitors displaying leather goods and with rods +hangers for participants displaying leather garments). Participants may take care of their air ticket bookings and hotel accommodation. However, CLE will suggest the name of the hotel where booking can be made.
Members interested to participate in the event are requested to send the duly filled application form (copy enclosed) along with the full participation fee of Rs.75,000/- through a Cheque/DD drawn in favour of COUNCIL FOR LEATHER EXPORTS on or before June 30, 2015.
Please note that a maximum of 49 participants alone can be accommodated and hence the stands will be allotted only on first come first serve basis.
R Ramesh Kumar