Inviting Member-participation in the MOS SHOES/MOSPEL FAIR, Moscow, Russia, March 13-16, 2018 under MAIS with Reimbursement of Economy Excursion class air fare (MDA)
No: CLE/Exh/MAI/MOS/2017-18/ September 22, 2017
Sub: Inviting Member-participation in the MOS SHOES/MOSPEL FAIR, Moscow, Russia, March 13-16, 2018 under MAIS with Reimbursement of Economy Excursion class air fare (MDA)
Russia is the 15th largest importer of leather & leather products in the world. Russia’s import of leather & leather products during 2016 was USD 2678.74 million and Russia accounts for a share of 1.48% in global leather import trade of US$ 180.87 billion (2016). Russia and the neighboring CIS countries are major users of Footwear and leather accessories.
India-Russia Leather Trade: India’s exports of leather & leather products to Russia has increased from US$ 28.63 mn in 2012-13 to US$ 51.59 mn in 2016-17, growing at a CAGR of 15.86%. Out of Russia’s total leather import trade, India presently accounts for a share of only 1.93%.
Russia’s import of Footwear (leather and non-leather) during the year 2012 was USD 4000.67 million and came down to USD 2233.39 million in the year 2016, with the downtrend being mainly due to subdued economic conditions following imposition of sanctions. However, India’s export of footwear to Russia has increased from US$ 5.72 million in 2012-13 to US$ 15.66 million in 2016-17.
Russia’s import of Leather Goods & Accessories has also decreased from US$ 284.93 million in 2012-13 to US$ 212.68 million in 2016-17. India’s export of Leather Goods & Accessories to Russia has decreased from US$ 2.74 million in 2012-13 to US$ 1.36 million in 2016-17.
Thus, considering the import potential of Russia, and growth rate of India’s leather sector exports to Russia, the potential for enhancing export of Footwear and Leather Goods from India to Russia is good.
About the fair: MOSSHOES is the leading footwear exhibition in Russia. Launched in 1997, the fair is now into its 19th year. The fair receives visitors from Russia, neighboring countries and far abroad. It has become one of the biggest footwear exhibitions in Eastern Europe, and is held four times a year. The Fair has evolved continuously with display extending to Accessories and Raw Material, Components & Machinery. Leather Goods/Accessories are being displayed along with Footwear in MOSShoes and also in a concurrent show i.e. MOSSPEL Fair.
Post Show Report of the March 2017 Fair:
- Over 300 manufacturers and distributors from Russia, CIS and far abroad presented a wide range of women’s, men’s and children’s footwear along with the leather products.. The exhibition was visited by more than 9000 people, 94% of which were national businessmen from all areas of the Russian Federation. 58% of the visitors were company owners and directors. Representatives of footwear retail networks from 50 cities of Russia worked at MOSSHOES fair in the framework of the “Buyer’s program”. The foreign brands were presented by the companies from 20 countries: Austria, Albania, Armenia, Belorussia, Brazil, Great Britain, Vietnam, Germania, Denmark, India, Spain, Italy, China, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey, Uzbekistan e Finland.
- MosshoesKids exposition confirmed once again its status of the major Russian children’s footwear presentation. Over 50 companies took part in it,
- Along with the footwear collections, the exhibition presented leather products, bags and accessories – in the framework of MOSPEL fair. Similar products were present also at the booths of many MOSSHOES exhibitors. Everybody agreed that the demonstration of leather product collections along with footwear ones makes the product range wider and provides for a balanced offer from commercial companies..
- Leather and components Division is a new vector of development for MOSSHOES..
- Foreign brands were presented by the companies from 20 countries: Austria, Albania, Armenia, Belorussia, Brazil, Great Britain, Vietnam, Germania, Denmark, India, Spain, Italy, China, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey, Uzbekistan e Finland.
- Men’s Footwear
- Women’s Footwear
- Prophylactic and orthopedic Shoes
- Children’s Footwear (specialized exposition)–
- Leather and Components (specialized exposition) for Leather, Synthetic Leather, Footwear Components , Chemicals & Machinery}
- Bags and Accessories (at MOSSHOES stands and MOSPEL Exhibition)
March 2018 Edition of MOS Shoes the International specialized exhibition for Footwear & Bags and Accessories will be held from March 13- 16, 2018 in the International Exhibition Centre, Crocus Expo Pavilion 3, Hall 17 in Moscow. The fair will have a total area of about 17500 sq mtrs in which about 450 companies from various countries are expected to participate. The approximate number of visitors who attended the last March 2018 edition of the fair was 13000, from 40 countries
Council’s Participation in MOS Shoes/MOSPEL. As part of export development activities, the Council participated for the first time in the October 2004 edition of MOS Shoes. The participation in September 2009 edition for the second time was organized as part of “YEAR OF INDIA IN RUSSIA-2009”.
Cost of Participation – The Cost of Participation in the March 2018 edition of the MOSShoes is Rs. 2,32,000/- for a stand of 9 sq m stand. Since, the Council is organizing this event under the MAI funding provided by the Department of Commerce, Govt. of India, the Council has fixed the Subsidized Participation Fee for MOSSHOES/MOSPEL , March 2018 edition at Rs.50,000/- for 9 sq.Mt fully built up stand. The subsidized cost of participation fee for various sizes of stands are as follows:
|9 Sq.Mt Subsidized charges for the fully built up stand||Rs.50,000 (Fully Built up stand)|
|12 Sq.Mt Subsidized charges for the fully built up stand (Subsidized area upto 9 Sq.Mt)||Rs.1,12,400 (Fully Built up stand)|
|15 Sq.Mt Subsidized charges for the fully built up stand (Subsidized area upto 9 Sq.Mt)||Rs.1,74,800 (Fully Built up stand)|
|18 Sq.Mt Subsidized charges for the fully built up stand (Subsidized area upto 9 Sq.Mt)||Rs.2,37,200 (Fully Built up stand)|
The 9 sq.Mt fully built up stand includes carpeting, wall panel, sign board /Fascia with company Name, 1 table, chairs, shelves, waste basket, spot light and power socket. For any other accessories the exhibitors have to order additionally on their own. Members who are interested to participate in the MOS Shoes Fair, March 13-16, 2018 are requested to send the attached filled –in Application form along with the Participation Fee in full on or before October 16 2017.
NEW NEW NEW
Reimbursement of Economy Excursion class air fare
Members participating in this fair (whose Export Turnover during 2016-17 is more than Rs 3 lakhs and less than Rs.30 Crores) can claim Air Fare reimbursement on economy excursion class by the shortest route subject to fulfillment of other MDA Eligibility Criteria as per MDA Norms. MDA Intimation Application should be received by the Council by giving minimum 14 days Advance Notice excluding date of receipt of application in the Council and date of departure from the country.
Members may also note that participants will have to arrange the Visa on their own. However, CLE will arrange for the Invitation Letter from the fair organizer to facilitate obtaining Visas by participants. Kindly note that non-issuance of Visa will not be considered as valid ground for withdrawal subsequent to confirmation of participation. Hence, withdrawal from participation after confirmation will not be allowed.
With Best Regards
R.Ramesh Kumar, IAS