Inviting participation in India Leather Days, Germany, Nov 27-28, 2019
No.CLE/IMD-BSM/ Germany /2019 4th June 2019
All Members of CLE
Sub : Inviting participation in India Leather Days, Germany, Nov 27-28, 2019
We would like to inform you that as part of Annual Action Plan 2019-20, the Council is organizing the India Leather Days, Germany under the MAI assistance 2019-20.
Date : Nov 27-28, 2019
Venue: Hall A2, Messe Offenbach Gmbh, Offenbach
Exhibit Profile: Leather Goods & Accessories including various kinds of Gloves and Leather Garments
- Germany’s Import Potential
Germany is the second largest importer of leather and leather products in the world.
Germany’s import of leather & leather products has increased from US$ 13747.66 million in 2013 to US$ 14751.94 billion in 2018. India’s export of leather & leather products to Germany was to the tune of US$ 659.18 million in 2018.
During the said period, Germany imported Leather Goods & Accessories worth 1295.50 million. India’s export of Leather Goods/Accessories to Germany was to the tune of USD 185.90 million.
Germany imported Leather Garments worth US$ 348.50 million in 2018. India’s exports of Leather Garments to Germany has touched USD 74.27 million, accounting for a share of 21.31% in Germany’s leather garments import trade.
- Marketing and Buyer Outreach:
As in the past editions, the Council will be engaging the services of Messe Offenbach GmbH to coordinate the entire event and to undertake Marketing and Buyer outreach.
- Participation Fee :
Subsidized fee : Rs 60,000/- per company.
Non Subsidized fee : Rs. 2.00 lakhs per participating company, who are not eligible for claiming MAI funding support ie. Members who have already participated in two MAI Events during the current year 2019-20 and Members who have participated in the India Leather Days, Germany, under MAI grant for more than 3 times.
4. Product Display:
Each company will be provided a 9 sq.mtr stand with the display accessories as per their product of display.
- Last Date:Members interested are requested to confirm their participation by remitting the participation fee to the Council along with the filled in Application form to the Council on or before 28th June 2019. Members may please note that allotment of stands to individual participants will be made on First Come First Served basis. Hence interested Members may please confirm your participation immediately.
6. Visa :
Members have to arrange Visa to Germany on their own. CLE will issue the Visa Recommendation Letters to the participants. Non-issuance of Visa will not be considered as a reason for withdrawal of participation.
7. Air-Fare Subsidy:
Eligible Member Participants can submit their application for claiming Airfare Subsidy subject to the Airfare Funding Approval by the Govt for 2019-20 and compliance of the following Conditions :
– 14 Days Advance notice- excluding date of travel & receipt of application date
– FOB Value in the preceding year between Rs 3 lakhs to Rs.30 Crores
– Completed 12 months of membership in CLE
– Airfare reimbursement is allowed only to one Person attending the fair and he should necessarily be a Regular Director / Partner / Proprietor
– Restricted to Three times airfare reimbursement under MDA/MAIS for a particular event
– Claims should be accompanied with Original Boarding Pass
The MAIS Intimation Application is enclosed herewith, which should be received at the Council by giving minimum 14 days Advance Notice excluding Date of Receipt of Application in the Council and Date of Departure from the country.
- Refund Policy:
Members may note that there will be No refund of participation fee in case of cancellation of participation.
- Participation Fee Remittance:
Participation fee may be remitted to CLE’s bank account as detailed below:
Beneficiary Name – Council for Leather Exports
Bank – Canara Bank
Branch – Park Town Branch, Chennai 3
IFS Code – CNRB0000976
SB Account – 0976101016996
For participation / further clarification, you may please contact Mr. E.L. Samson, Asst Director, International Marketing Department – BSM by e-mail at email@example.com
R Selvam, IAS
Council for Leather Exports