Two-Day Reverse Buyer-Seller Meet (RBSM) in New Delhi on 28th& 29th September, 2018
10th May, 2018
All Members of the Council
Sub: Two-Day Reverse Buyer-Seller Meet (RBSM) in New Delhi on 28th& 29th September, 2018.
As part of the Annual Action Plan under the Market Access Initiative Scheme (MAIS), the Council proposes to organize a Two-Day Reverse Buyer-Seller Meet (RBSM) in Hotel The Grand New Delhi (Vasant Kunj) during September 28-29, 2018.
The RBSM-New Delhi will be focussed on only Finished Products viz different categories of footwear, leather garments, leather goods & accessories, leather gloves, etc. Accordingly, the overseas buyers who are being invited to participate in the said RBSM under the complimentary hospitality package will be interested in sourcing finished products from India.
The Salient Features of the Two-Day RBSM in New Delhi would be as follows:-
- The BSM will be a Two-Day Event (9.00 am to 6.00 pm).
- The BSM will have a participation of around 50 Indian Manufacturer-Exporters of Leather Products displaying all types of Footwear & Components (Uppers), Leather Apparels, Leather Goods & Accessories, Leather Gloves, etc.
- One-to-One business meetings will be arranged between the Indian participating companies and Overseas Buyers/importers.
- Each participating company will be provided a built-up booth of 9 sq.mtr along with basic display accessories for facilitating their product display.
- Council has targeted to invite atleast 25 buyers from the Developed Countries and 25 buyers from Developing Markets (total 50 buyers).
In order to mobilize the required number of buyers, CLE will be taking the following initiatives:-
- Writing to the Indian Embassies abroad and Overseas Missions in India, of the Countries from where we are inviting buyers, requesting for providing data-base of potential buyers & also for mobilizing required number of buyers to attend the RBSM.
- Ms. Karen Giberson, President of Accessories Council, New York has been given the assignment of bringing 8-10 potential buyers from US.
- Leather Industries Associations of the Countries concerned will also be requested to share the data base and also to disseminate the information about RBSM among the buyers
- Our marketing agencies of various countries will be requested for sharing data base of potential customers, for inviting them to visit RBSM
- MOSSHOES Fair authorities of Russia has been requested to mobilize/to share contact details of buyers
CLE will be organizing a meeting with the Buying Houses/Agents and Trade/Commercial Counsellors of the Overseas Missions in India shortly in New Delhi and also in Bangalore, for publicizing our event in the targeted Countries/markets
- Industry members may also share the list of potential buyers to CLE for inviting them
Members interested to participate in the Two-Day Reverse Buyer-Seller Meet in New Delhi during September 28-29, 2018 are requested to kindly send their company profile in the prescribed format attached to this mail along with participation fee of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees fifty thousand only) by Cheque/DD drawn in favour of “Council for Leather Exports”. This can be sent either to Council’s Head Office in Chennai or its Regional/Extension Offices at the earliest.
Since we are targeting to enlist a maximum number of 50 participants, participation will be confirmed on ‘first-come, first-served’ basis only.
R. Selvam, IAS
Council for Leather Exports